Procedure for Service Tax Registration
1. The assessee shall make an application in form ST 1 to the Superintendent of Central Excise in duplicate. Such application can be filed online www.aces.gov.in. For this the following procedure shall be adhered to :
- The user shall first log onto the site aces.gov.in and select “Service Tax” option on the left side of the screen
- He shall then register himself by clicking on “New users to click here to register with ACES” option. On clicking the same he will be required to give certain basic details and a e-mail id. The password for such registration will be sent to this mail id.
- On submitting the form the password will be sent to the ID above and the user shall login into ACES with this password. Such a password is only to gain access to ACES and it does not imply that registration with the department is done.
- In the case of an existing assessee, he shall fill in the “Declaration Form for ACES” (in Appendix I) and submit it to the respective commissionerate. The assessee will then receive a user ID and password at the mail ID specified in such form to activate his registration number in ACES. An existing assessee is NOT required to fill Form ST-1 again in ACES.
- For a new assessee who does not have a service tax registration certificate, shall register with ACES with the ID and password that is sent as mentioned in ‘c’ above and select the option “REG” and “Fill ST-1”.
- The form shall be filed online with all the required details and submitted online itself.
- A print of the form submitted online shall be taken and along with this the documents as mentioned below shall be submitted to the department at the concerned commissionerate.
2. The application shall be filed within 30 days from the date of providing taxable service and shall bear the address sought to be registered.
3. The application should be filled up carefully without errors and columns and boxes which are not applicable may contain “NA” stated across them. All the taxable services provided should be mentioned on the application and there would not be separate applications for each of such taxable services
4. The Form should be signed by the director/partner/sole proprietor as the case may be or the authorized signatory. Once filed, the acknowledgement for having filed the application is to be obtained on the duplicate copy for one’s own reference. If the Particulars stated in the Form are correct, then the registration certificate would be provided within a period of seven days.